11 Health Benefits of Bananas
Bananas have become so much a part of our daily diet that we’ve started taking them for granted. From our breakfasts to our desserts, bananas have created a position for themselves in our diet. But have we really thought of the benefits that bananas offer? Do we really know what are the health benefits of bananas? Well, read this interesting piece and find out what you’ve been looking for.
1. Bananas comprise glucose, sucrose and fructose which provide energy. They are an ideal pick for those suffering from diabetes.
2. Bananas are rich in fiber which helps in proper bowel movement. Hence, if you have irregular bowel movement or are suffering from constipation, you’re advised to have bananas on a regular basis.
3. Besides being a rich source of fiber, bananas also boast high potassium content which is of extreme importance when you’re suffering from diarrhea.
4. Bananas have high amount of iron content which make them capable of tackling anemia.
5. One of the ways to reduce depression and to enhance mood is to increase the secretion of serotonin, a mood enhancing hormone. Serotonin can be secreted with the help of tryptophan which is present in bananas. Hence, bananas are suggested to people going through these ailments.
6. As mentioned earlier, bananas are a rich source of potassium. Hence, they are helpful for those suffering from high blood pressure and those prone to heart stroke since bananas can keep blood pressure level in check.