What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
There should not be a reason to quit smoking. You already know that smoking causes cancer. So you should quit smoking in order to live a better and healthy life. Nevertheless, there are plenty of health benefits when you stop smoking, which begin showing almost immediately. Here is what would happen when you quit smoking.
1. In about 20 minutes, your pulse rate will decrease. A decrease in heart rate will be followed by a drop in your blood pressure as well. Your hands and feet will also heat up as their temperature will increase slightly.
2. Within 12 hours, the toxic carbon monoxide content in your blood stream will fall and return to normal. The oxygen level in your blood will automatically reinstate to the standard level.
3. In 24 hours time, your risks of having a heart attack will fall below danger line.
4. In 2 days, you will be able to smell and taste better as your senses begin to function better and regain normalcy. You will be able to experience a refreshed life.
5. Between 2 weeks and a couple of months, your physiological reflexes will improve, your blood circulation will get better and you will be able to move your limbs more effortlessly as your muscles become relaxed. Your lungs will also begin to function much better. You will cease to have respiratory problems and will stop coughing and wheezing.