9 Awesome Facts You did not Know About Yoga
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, hold it there for just 3 seconds and then exhale. Now rub your palms together, place them on your eyes and feel your tensions simply melt away. Yoga is one of best methods of relaxing your body as well as your mind. Here are a few interesting facts that you might not know about this beautiful exercise regime.
1. Most of you may be getting frustrated or embarrassed at not being able to get into a particular yoga pose. Don’t be! Yoga is not about pushing yourself into something that’s not for you. Instead, it’s all about listening to what your body is telling you. Catch those subtle hints!
2. Never imagined that you can have a sane conversation with your own self? Yoga is the key here. The poses and postures enable you to discover a healthy you. You get a chance to introspect and think calmly about your life, your work, your ambitions and apprehensions. So, start chatting with your best pal today!
3. Many believe that yoga helps in building a better relation with not just humans but also animals. Pets, especially dogs, are generally included by owners during yoga sessions to connect better with them. Your pooch can do stretches along with you, can’t he?
4. Yoga helps you to accept your body just the way it is. It teaches you that everybody is different yet special in his/her own way. Compassion, love, self-value and being proud of who you are, are the ultimate benefits of practicing the art of yoga.
5. Instant reaction to something you detest is natural. But, instant over reaction is often the case with most people. Yoga calms you from inside. It imbues in you a sense of rationality above all. You learn to handle every situation in a mature and objective manner. Clarity of thought and simplicity of action are yoga’s trademarks.