12 Hermione Granger Facts You Must Know
“Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!” – one of the famous quotes by our favorite Hermione Granger. This character that was created years ago still makes us smile each time we think about it. Are you a true Hermione fan? Then you might just find these facts interesting. Hermione Granger facts that might have had slipped from your eyes are mentioned below.
- Hermione’s full name is Hermione Jean Granger. She was born on 19th September, 1979 to dentist parents in the Muggle world.
- At the age of eleven, Hermione came to know that she is a witch and was admitted into the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her first day of school was on 1st September 1991. She was almost twelve then.
- The Sorting Hat seriously considered putting her in Ravenclaw during the Sorting. However, it finally sorted her into the Gryffindor House.
- She has a pet cat whom she named Crookshanks, who is a large ginger cat with a squashed flat face and bottle-brush tail.
- She is blessed with a very brilliant mind. She is very good at memorizing and knows many spells. This is one reason why she is easily able to find her way out of difficult situations. Due to her enthusiasm and talent, many teachers at Hogwarts find her a star. However Professor Snape calls her a show-off.
- Hermione first met Harry and Ron on the Hogwarts Express in their first year. However, the three of them didn’t become friends then. Once when Ron made her cry and run to the bathroom, Harry saved her from a mountain troll who was hiding there. It was after that incident that the trio become best friends.
- Hermione would help Neville Longbottom through the Potions classes that he found difficult.
- It was because of Hermione’s planning and researching that Harry and Ron managed to find the Horcruxes. Without her, there wouldn’t have been any clothes, medicines, tents or sleeping bags, Cloak of Invisibility, reference books, supply of Polyjuice and extendable ears. And there definitely would not have been any background information on how to destroy a Horcrux, once they found one.
- When she joined Hogwarts and her parents came to know about the wizard world, Hermione was so worried about them that she used her charm to modify their memories so that they wouldn’t even remember that they had a daughter. She also relocated them to Australia. After Harry, Ron and Hermione defeated and killed the Dark Lord Voldemort, Hermione found her parents and reversed her memory charm that she had previously used on them.
- She finally gets married to her best friend Ron Weasley and has a daughter, Rose and son, Hugo.
- She is also a godmother to Harry and Ginny’s son James Sirius Potter.
- When Ron initiated the wise idea to evacuate the school’s house-elves during the final battle with Voldemort, Hermione was so impressed with him that she kissed him. This was their first kiss.