12 Famous J K Rowling Quotes
J K Rowling is a famous author who penned the Harry Potter series. The series was a hit with children and youngsters and sold more than million copies worldwide. J K Rowling has won many hearts with her unique style of writing. Her books are so engaging that they surely make a good read. Listed below are some quotes by the author herself, read on.
1. “I’m not saying I believe magic is real — I don’t. But that’s the perennial appeal of magic — the idea that we ourselves have power and we can shape our world.”
2. “Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity; it is the power to that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.”
3. “It’s so difficult to describe [depression] to someone who’s never been there, because it’s not sadness. I know sadness. Sadness is to cry and to feel. But it’s that cold absence of feeling — that really hollowed-out feeling. That’s what Dementors are.”
4. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better.”
5. “I like doing killer Sudokus — does that count as a talent? I also have prehensile toes, though I suppose that might be classified as a deformity. Nobody has ever enjoyed watching me write with my feet.”
6. “The fame thing is interesting because I never wanted to be famous, and I never dreamt I would be famous. I imagined being a famous writer would be like being like Jane Austen. Being able to sit at home in the parsonage and your books would be very famous and occasionally you would correspond with the Prince of Wales’s secretary. You know I didn’t think they’d rake through my bins, I didn’t expect to be photographed on the beach through long lenses. I never dreamt it would impact my daughter’s life negatively, which at times it has.”