Top 5 Tips To Fix Split Ends
In times like today when one hardly has the time to breathe, taking care of your hair may become difficult and this can lead to common problems like split ends. This happens mainly because the protective cuticle at the end of your hair strand gets damaged causing the hair to split. There are several reasons that may cause split ends like lack of hair care, over exposure to sun or chemicals, using hot ironing or drying machines very often or combing with a wrong brush. But it is time to bid farewell to your worries as we give you girls some useful tips to have healthy and lustrous hair.
- As mentioned above, overexposure to the sun, extreme cold or strong winds could be the reason why you may have split ends. Hence, they should be completely avoided. If it is utmost necessary to go out in such extreme weather, then it is best advised to cover your hair with a scarf or a hat. This will protect your hair from getting affected by such intense weather conditions and will also prevent hair fall.
- If you are prone to using electronic machines for your hair like dryers, irons or curlers, then reducing the frequency of using such gadgets can really help a lot in controlling the damage. These heaters can destroy the natural cuticle of hair making it dry and coarse in the long run.
- Trimming your hair every 3-4 months is the best solution to split ends. Split ends cause the hair to look dry and also prevents hair growth. Trimming your hair every few months can help in getting rid of such split ends and also result in healthy hair growth. Use a leave-in conditioner to maintain the moisture in your hair.
- The most common reason for split ends is combing the hair while it’s wet. When the hair is wet, it’s vulnerable and combing it further would damage the cuticle. Even combing dry hair several times can cause great damage. Thus, it is advised that you girls prevent combing your hair very often or when it’s wet.
- Home remedies can help in getting rid of split ends and some of them are:
- A hair pack of mashed avocado or mayonnaise if applied on the hair for 15-20 minutes can bring a shine to your hair and can even prevent split ends.
- One teaspoon of honey mixed with 5 teaspoons of olive oil and one egg’s yolk can be applied on the hair generously. After that, cover your hair with a hot towel. You will notice the difference almost immediately.
- Avocado oil is known to be very effective as a remedy for hair problems. Just massaging the scalp with this oil for about 30 minutes at least twice a week will really help.