10 Quotes by Jackie Chan
When they think of Jackie Chan, most people think of a narrow-eyed Chinese actor whose stunts make them laugh enough to roll on the floor. Yes, that is the case with most Jackie Chan movies. This creative man showed the world that martial arts need not be a boring, serious affair. It can be rib-tickling, humorous and above all, extremely entertaining. Jackie Chan is an amazing stunt innovator and hence his thought process needs to be understood to know where it all begins. What better way than reading some of his quotes. Check out some of the most creative quotes by Jackie Chan, the man himself.
1. “Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.”
2. “American stuntmen are smart – they think about safety. When they do a jump in a car, they calculate everything: the speed, the distance… But in Hong Kong, we don’t know how to count. Everything we do is a guess. If you’ve got the guts, you do it. All of my stuntmen have gotten hurt.”
3. “We learn martial arts as helping weakness. You never fight for people to get hurt. You’re always helping people.”
4. “I’m crazy, but I’m not too crazy.”
5. “I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan.”