10 Inspirational Nelson Mandela Quotes
Nelson Mandela left the world on December 5, 2013 and created a void that can never fill. This African politician, who was also an anti-apartheid revolutionary, spent 27 years of his life in prison. With his political movements, agitation, anti-racial and anti-colonial activities, he taught the world the meaning of equality and kindness. When he rose to power, he used it to the advantage of his countrymen and took the nation on the path of progress, which is why he is held by South Africans as the ‘Father of the Nation’. Nelson Mandela was not a person whose demise should be mourned over with condolences. His life should be read, his ideals should be an inspiration and his path should be followed. Hence, we bring to you the most inspirational Nelson Mandela quotes. Check them out and feel the person that Mandela was.
1. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
2. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
3. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
4. “A good leader can engage in a debate frankly and thoroughly, knowing that at the end he and the other side must be closer, and thus emerge stronger. You don’t have that idea when you are arrogant, superficial, and uninformed.”
5. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
Photo Courtesy: Arquivo/ABr