How To Organize Your Home?
Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese system of esthetics, believes that an unclean and messy home is a breeding ground of negative energy. A clean and organized house has the ability to attract positive energy that in turn affects the life of the residents of the house. It is understandable that in our busy lives, cleanliness of the home is not really a priority but here are some easy ways to keep a check on the clutter in your house.
- Identify what is garbage and what is not. Make sure to do away with every form of clutter.
- Dig out each and every place where storage is possible. There are times when we keep something somewhere and forget about it. This just adds on to clutter.
- Do not hold on to things giving the excuse of memories. Memories remain in people’s heart forever; objects just increase clutter.
- Make sure that each object has a place where it can be put back to. Don’t keep things somewhere and forget. Instead, inculcate the habit of keeping things exactly where they belong to.
- Group similar things together. For example, arrange all your bills together in a folder so that you don’t misplace them and go searching for it in the entire house.
- At the very least, devote one day a week when you would clean the house. This makes sure that the house doesn’t look like a pigsty.
- When you take any thing out, don’t forget to put it back where it belongs.
- In case you have problem finding things, labels are an effective way of ensuring you always find things without much trouble. Always ensure that labels are written big and bold.
- Keep checking the expiry date of things in order to dispose of those that are not required any more.
- Broken, torn or damaged objects should be done away immediately. No matter how much you may value them emotionally, they would not be coming back in form.