9 Quotes To Read When You’re Sad
Not all of us can be happy all days. There are days when we would be disturbed or sad for a lot of reasons. Some people resort to music or being alone to tide over their sad state of mind while some people try to sleep it off. Another way to take your mind off your sadness or know that you are not alone and many a men before you has gone through this state is to read some heart wrenching quotes. Some of these quotes below have been written by people who had undergone heart breaking sadness and have survived to write about it. Here are some quotes to read when you are sad.
1. When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it always.
― Mahatma Gandhi
2. Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3. Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?
― Haruki Murakami
4. Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.
― Brian Jacques
5. The worst type of crying wasn’t the kind everyone could see–the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived. For people like me and Echo, our souls contained more scar tissue than life.
― Katie McGarry