8 Fun Facts About The August Birthstone, Peridot
The August birthstone is Peridot. It means that for all the people who were born in the month of August, their traditional birthstone is Peridot. Read below some fun facts about this stone.
1. The word “Peridot” is derived from the Arabic word “faridat” which means gem.
2. The Peridot is stunning green in color, and also available in a variety of hues of green.
3. The Peridot is formed as a result of volcanic activity deep inside the earth’s surface.
4. Peridot is believed to protect the wearer from evil. It was also believed that wearing a Peridot helps to improve your relationships.
5. A Peridot is supposed to bring you closer to nature.
6. It was called as “gem of the sun” in ancient Egypt because of its dazzling appearance in the sun.
7. Peridot birthstone signifies strength, romance, friendship and vitality.
8. If you wear your birthstone Peridot, it is supposed to bring positive changes in you, such as, you will become a more jolly person. You will generally be successful in whatever you do. You will develop a creative bent of mind. Your friends will adore your nature and personality.
Photo Courtesy: Sleeping cat beads