10 Quotes To Overcome Depression
It is easy to get depressed when things are not going your way in life. Some people fall into a great depression after the loss of a loved one or the loss of a business or a career. Some people are diagnosed with clinical depression. As much as medicines and counseling can help you cure you of your depression, a major part of the cure lies with you. You need to have it in your head to get out of it and when you put all your effort into coming out of the fugue, you definitely would beat depression. Here are some quotes that would help you overcome depression.
1. Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them — every day begin the task anew.
– Saint Francis de Sales
2. A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.
– Stephan Hoeller
3. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
4. Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.
5. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
– Helen Keller