14 Interesting Facts About Harry Potter
Harry Potter is the title character and the primary protagonist of the Harry Potter series written by J.K. Rowling. His life changes when on his eleventh birthday he finds out that he is actually a wizard. That’s from where the story of Harry Potter begins. Can’t get enough of Harry? Then read these interesting facts about him.
- In order to protect themselves and Harry from Voldemort, his parents were secretly living with their trusted friend Peter Pettigrew. However to their bad luck, Peter was a spy for Voldemort. He betrayed Harry’s parents, faked his own death and framed Sirius Black for all that happened.
- Voldemort’s attack left a lightning bolt-shaped scar on baby Harry’s forehead. This scar become a boon to Harry in the future, for it opened a telepathic link between Lord Voldemort and himself.
- During Harry’s early years, he become popular for protecting the Philosopher’s Stone from the Dark Lord Voldemort and also for saving Ginny Weasley from the Chamber of Secrets.
- In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry has his first real fight with Voldemort. After he and Cedric touched the Triwizard Cup, they were taken to the graveyard outside the old Riddle mansion. At this place, Harry comes face to face with Lord Voldemort for the first time.
- Harry is the only person who has ever managed to live after an attack from the malicious Lord Voldemort. After killing Harry’s father, Voldemort advanced to kill his mother. She could have saved herself, but she died in order to protect her son. Her sacrifice transformed into a strong shield that protected Harry when Volemort attempted to kill him. The curse backfired and Voldemort lost all his powers. He also lost his physical form, but got saved from dying because of the multiple horcruxes owned by him.
- Harry Potter was the only one who was destined to kill Lord Voldemort.
- Not many are aware but Harry Potter and Tom Marvolo Riddle (Lord Voldemort) are very distant relatives. Due to his father’s roots, Harry is also a distant relative to the Malfoys, Blacks, Weasleys and the Longbottoms. Thus he is also a distant relative of his own wife, Ginny Weasley.