11 Fun Facts About the July Birthstone, Ruby
The July birthstone is Ruby. It means that for all the people who were born in the month of July, their traditional birthstone is Ruby. Read interesting facts about this gorgeous stone.
1. The name “ruby” is derived from the Latin word “ruber” which means red. It’s because the ruby is deep red in color.
2. Rubies are very hard stones second to diamonds.
3. The ruby has been among the most treasured gemstones through the ages.
4. Ruby was believed to guard the wearer against misfortune and bad health. Hence, it was worn by royalty in the olden ages to ward off evil. Rubies were also worn to bring good luck to the wearer.
5. A pure red ruby is considered as a symbol of true everlasting love. It is often exchanged as an engagement ring to proclaim total devotion and love.
6. Ruby birthstone signifies freedom, integrity, valor and joy.
7. If you wear your birthstone ruby, it is supposed to bring positive changes in you, such as, you will become more sincere and hardworking. You will have a happy and enthusiastic spirit. You will tend to make better friends. People will like you for your lovable nature.