10 Interesting Facts About the British Monarchy
The British monarchy has been around since time immemorial. It is one of the most prolific and longest surviving royal family which has made an unforgettable mark in world history. It was once the ruler of the whole world and although the royal family no longer has any ruling powers, it is still one of the most respected and richest families. Here are some interesting facts about the most popular family in the world.
1. A really weird piece of information which dates back to many centuries ago is that, one cannot die inside the British parliament as it is illegal by law to do so. The place is considered as a royal palace and dying inside it was thought to be a highly suspicious deed.
2. It is considered to be an act of treason to paste a postage stamp bearing the British king or queen’s image in an upside down fashion.
3. The presently reigning queen, Elizabeth II, is the 40th monarch since William the Conqueror obtained the crown of England.
4. Since 1952, the Queen has conferred more than 387,700 honors and awards. Long live the Queen!
5. Approximately 8,000 guests turn up to each of the four Royal Garden parties each year. A whopping 27,000 cups of tea and 20,000 slices of cake are reportedly consumed at each party. With this fact we know one thing for sure; that this family is truly the most popular and loved in the world.