10 Maria Montessori Quotes for You
Maria Montessori was an Italian physician and educator, her educational method is in use today in public and private schools throughout the
world. Here are some of her interesting quotes for you.
1. Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.
2. To let the child do as he likes when he has not yet developed any powers of control is to betray the idea of freedom.
3. Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.
4. When dealing with children there is greater need for observing than of probing
5. One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child.
6. The task of the educator lies in seeing that the child does not confound good with immobility and evil with activity.
7. Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.
8. The only language men ever speak perfectly is the one they learn in babyhood, when no one can teach them anything!
9. The first idea the child must acquire is that of the difference between good and evil.
10. Of all things love is the most potent.