10 Things You Never Knew About Eminem
Eminem, the extremely popular American rapper, songwriter, actor and record producer is always making news for something or the other. His debut album in 1996, ‘Infinite’ bestowed upon him great success and opportunities, and since then, there has been no looking back for him. However, many fans across the globe don’t know a lot of things about his life other than that on stage. Listed here are some things about Eminem that you didn’t know, and they will amaze and surprise you for sure!
1. His real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III, and his alter ego is ‘Slim Shady’. He says that the idea for his alter ego’s name struck him when he was taking a waste. His teenage stage name was ‘M&M’. Contrary to some people’s belief, it is not derived from the brand of the same name that makes lovely sweet treats.
2. As a child, Marshall was often bullied in school. In one incident, he was beaten so badly at the age of nine in Dort Elementary School, that he was in coma for about a week. Since then, this artist has been credited with making his music help other children undergoing similar problems.
3. To help extend his philanthropic actions, he started the Marshall Mathers Foundation, a charity that helps disadvantaged young people.
4. Initially, Eminem wanted to be a comic book artist, which explains a lot about his videos and working style now. However, soon he had also discovered that he liked rapping, and had failed the 9th standard thrice, because he wouldn’t bother much about studying. He was only interested in rap that time and had seriously decided to pursue it after listening to ‘Beastie Boys’.
5. Eminem has his own radio station by the name of Shade 45. It’s an uncut channel focusing mainly on rap and hip-hop, and was founded with others like 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and Lil’ Wayne.