12 Quotes To Help With Depression
It is impossible for anyone to be happy at all times. Sadness strikes when we least expect it. Some of us have the strength to overcome it and some of us do not. There are some who wallow in self-pity and walk around depressed, not interested in anything that would make them happy or change their mood. The important thing to understand about life is that change is an essential part of it and that nothing is forever. Being depressed does not help anyone and just makes you and your day dull. The sooner you get out of your depressed state, the better it is for you and everyone around you. Here are some quotes that could help you deal with depression.
1. Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them — every day begin the task anew.
-Saint Francis de Sales
2. If you don’t think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days.
3. The five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance – are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.
4. When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.
– Malcolm S. Forbes
5. A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.”
6. Persistence can be tough when the going gets rough, but keep it in mind that as long as you keep going, you’ll eventually get to where you want to be. It’s refreshing to know that all that’s required is to keep plugging away at things, even if in the moment it doesn’t seem like you’re accomplishing much at all. It may not happen today, or tomorrow, or this year, but having the belief that as long as you keep at it you’ll win is a helpful ally in achieving your dreams. Just knowing that you have the power to win no matter what can help to brighten a cloudy day.