Learn How to Get Rid of Dandruff With These 6 Remedies
Dandruff is predominantly, dead cells that shed from your scalp. Many times, dandruff does not just stop at affecting your scalp and hair but also causes skin issues such as pimples and boils. Following certain natural remedies and ensuring proper hygiene keeps dandruff in control. Here are some simple remedies to help you get rid of dandruff.
1. Make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and apply it on your scalp. Cover your head with a scarf and leave overnight before washing it off in the morning.
2. Mix one cup of yogurt with two teaspoons of fenugreek seed powder. Use this paste liberally on your scalp and wait for at least 30 minutes before washing. Alternatively, soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and make a paste out of it. Apply the paste on scalp and wait for 30 minutes before washing it off.
3. Apple cider vinegar is used by many women to help them keep their scalps clean. 3/4 cup of water with 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar if applied on the scalp and rinsed subsequently helps to eliminate flakes.
4. Lemon juice works wonders for your scalp. In a 2:1 ratio, mix lemon juice and coconut oil as well as powdered camphor. Use this freshly made mixture on your scalp and leave overnight. Rinse hair with warm water in the morning. Besides acting quickly on dandruff, it also makes your hair shiny and smooth.
5. Make a paste of one egg white, 2 tablespoons of beetroot juice and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. Use the paste on your scalp and wait for 30 minutes before washing.
6. A mixture of Listerine and tea tree oil applied on the scalp using a cotton ball several times a day works as an effective remedy for dandruff.
Using good quality hair products, having a balanced meals, keeping stress at bay and following a good hair care regimen can go a long way in keeping your hair dandruff free.