Pros and Cons of Online Dating
The world has changed a great deal and along with it, so have we. Today, friendship and relationships are not just confined to the people whom we meet face to face every day. Increasingly, people are turning to the Internet to meet new people and for networking with people whom they do not know in real life. Online dating, online chatting and online relationships are a new trend that has occupied the whole globe today. Given that online relationships have brought people closer to each other today and has made the world a smaller place, like everything else, it too has its share of weaknesses. Listed below are the various pros and cons of online relationships.
1. It is easier to find someone with similar interests online due to the various chat rooms and other groups on various social networking sites. You can find someone online with a similar background and with similar thoughts and beliefs, something which might not be possible or feasible in real life so readily. Connecting with people is easier and more economical when it is online.
2. It is possible to reach out and be in a relationship with someone irrespective of how close to each other you are. You can be friends with someone living in another city, even another country.
3. Since most of the communication that happens online is through text, you will get to know more about the person you are interacting with because often we express ourselves more lucidly through writing than through speaking.
4. There is no question of initial commitment or any kind of investment in case of an online relationship. You can take all the time you want to know the person better before you decide to move ahead.
5. You do not need to get out of home or even your bed for an online relationship. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection. The online chatting websites are mostly free of cost.
6. Even if you are very busy and hardly have time for socializing, an online relationship solves most part of the problem for you because you can access the person you want to chat with anytime without requiring any preliminary preparation. Of course, the other person also has to be available at the time!
7. Online relationships are without any bars – any person irrespective of his/her nature, caste, gender, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic background can engage in online relationships of their choice.