6 Fun Facts About the October Birthstone, Opal
The October birthstone is Opal. It means that for all the people who were born in the month of October, their traditional birthstone is Opal. Here are a few fun facts about this birthstone you ought to read.
1. The word ‘opal’ is derived from the word ‘opalus’ which means precious stone in Latin. The opal is available in a variety of colors both dark and light.
2. It is a soft and brittle stone.
3. It was believed in the ancient days that the opal had the power of giving foresight and clairvoyance to the wearer.
4. Opal is also believed to bring beauty and happiness to the wearer. Because of these reasons, opals were very popular among royalty who used them in their necklaces and head wear.
5. Opal birthstone signifies innocence, hope, purity and confidence.
6. If you wear your birthstone opal, it is supposed to bring positive changes in you, such as, your talent will grow to new heights. You will love to try out new things. Your optimistic spirit will increase and help you in life. You may not show your angry side too often. You will be a friendlier person. It will also improve your creativity and imagination.