8 Fun Facts about the January Birthstone, Garnet
The traditional birthstone for people born in January is Garnet. If you are born in January and want to know about facts related to Garnet and its effect on your persona, continue reading.
1. The word ‘garnet’ is derived from the Greek word ‘granatum,’ which means seed of pomegranate. The stone resembles the pomegranate seed in color (deep red) and shape, and hence is given this name.
2. Generally, garnets are deep red in color, but they come in a variety of hues because of the different elements present in the stone.
3. The garnet is believed to bring good fortune to the wearer.
4. It is supposed to protect a traveler. Hence, it is gifted to people going on a long journey.
5. Garnet birthstone signifies loyalty, kinship and purity.
6. The garnet is believed to remove negativity and bring about positive changes in the person who wears it.
7. People whose birthstone is garnet, have strong spirit and amiable nature.
8. It is believed to increase self confidence and perseverance.