Do You Know How much Skin You Shed Over a Life Time? Read 20 More Amazing Facts about Your Body
Not everything yet is known about the human body. It is one of the several aspects of the human world that baffles scientists till today. It is so complex, so intricate and yet so perfectly engineered to function in a way that facilitates everything for us, that sometimes it amazes us more than anything else in the world. Did you know how much skin you shed over your lifetime? Did you know how many atoms a human body is made up of? Read 20 such amazing facts about your body.
1. The human brain is more active during the night than during the day when we do most of our work. Apart from memory sorting function and converting short term memories to long term memories, why exactly this happens is mostly unknown.
2. There is a direct relationship between your intelligence quotient and the dreams you have. Research has shown that the higher your IQ is, the more you dream.
3. Your nose is an amazing organ. It can remember and discern about 50,000 different scents. Also, unlike vision and hearing which may get impaired with age and diseases, your nasal senses may get blocked due to cold but they never weaken!
4. The human eye can see and distinguish between 10 million different colors.
5. We are all enthralled by better quality cameras these days. But did you know that the best camera in the world is your eyes? If the human eye was a digital camera, it would have 576 megapixels, a trait yet unmatched in modern cameras.
6. Facial hair grows faster than hair on any other part of your body. This is the reason why men shave everyday to get the clean shaven look, otherwise they grow stubble pretty fast. Human hair has a lifetime of about 5 to 7 years.
7. The nails on your fingers grow faster than the nails on your toes. Also, the nail on your middle finger grows faster than the rest of the fingers.
8. The human body sheds 600,000 particles of skin every hour. Calculate that with respect to an entire lifetime and you have the figure!
9. The human body of an average adult is made up of almost 7027 atoms.
10. The heart of women beat faster than that of men. Women also blink twice as many times as men do.