Amazing Uses of Tea Tree Oil
Produced from an Australian medicinal plant Melaleuca alternifolia, tea tree oil is light golden to clear sparkling in color. Its smell is very distinct, just like camphor and there is a certain freshness about it. Tea tree oil is extremely versatile in its medicinal and healing qualities. So, we’ve mentioned below some tea tree oil uses.
1. Tea tree oil can be dabbed on acne to get relief from breakouts and pus.
2. The oil has anti-fungal qualities which make it a useful medicine for athlete’s foot, yeast infections of various kinds and eczema, among many other things.
3. Due to its anti-viral properties, it can be used to treat various types of flu as well as common cold.
4. Extremely effective against chest congestion, the vapor of this oil is useful in curing asthma.
5. Tea tree oil also helps in treating sinusitis as well as excessive dandruff.
6. Tea tree oil can also help you in household activities like cleaning. Add a spoonful of the oil in water and shake well. Put it in a sprayer and you have your screen cleaning solution ready at hand.
7. While washing clothes, a few drops of tea tree oil helps in deodorizing clothes.
8. To keep off dust mites and other insects like woodlice etc, sprinkle a few drops of tea tree oil on your armchairs and cupboards. The oil is also effective as an insect repellent in gardens.
9. Tea tree oil is of utmost help when it comes to fighting bacteria. It is useful against gram positive as well as gram negative bacteria. Whether it is escherichia coli or staphylococcus aureus, tea tree oil can be used against all of them. It can be used to keep bacteria away from the body as well as treating bacterial infections, if and when they occur. You can always be safe from most common place infections with regular use of tea tree oil.