9 Interesting Facts About the Dishy Patrick Dempsey
The reason behind the worldwide popularity of the famous TV series, Grey’s Anatomy has less to do with the actual lead actress around whom the story revolves and more to do with the fan following of the dishy main lead, Patrick Dempsey. This handsome hunk has managed to single-handedly floor millions of females around the world after all, who can resist a hot surgeon with a charming smile. We list here some interesting facts about this actor.
1. Not many know that besides acting, race car driving is also his profession. He has competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Rolex 24 at Daytona and Tecate SCORE Baja 1000. Moreover, he was a co-owner of the Vision Racing IndyCar Series team and currently owns Dempsey Racing.
2. He didn’t let dyslexia, which he was diagnosed with at 12 years of age, deter him from learning complex dialogues of a medical drama which involves a lot of complicated jargon.
3. Mr Dempsey boasts of having one of the longest marriages in Hollywood which is a big achievement in itself considering the amount of divorces and splits that have become a regularity in the world of glamour. He wed Jillian Fink in July 1999 and has three children.
4. This handsome actor has proved time and again that he is the ‘take home to mamma’ types. After noticing how his mother struggled with ovarian cancer, he established the Patrick Dempsey Center at the Central Maine Medical Center to raise money for medical services for cancer patients. How perfect can this guy be?
5. Not only is he a huge TV star, he is also a movie star in his own right having acted in numerous movies such as Scream 3, Valentine’s Day, Sweet home Alabama, Made of Honor, Transformer: Dark of the Moon, Lucky 7, Flypaper, Freedom Writers, etc.