9 Fun Facts about the May Birthstone, Emerald
The May birthstone is Emerald. It means that for all the people who were born in the month of May, their traditional birthstone is Emerald. Here are some interesting facts about this gorgeous stone.
1. The word ’emerald’ is derived from the Greek word ‘smaragdos,’ which means ‘green gemstone’. The emerald is brilliant green in color.
2. In ancient Rome, the emerald was associated with rebirth and fertility.
3. It was believed that wearing an emerald increases clairvoyance, intelligence and memory of the wearer.
4. The emerald was Queen Cleopatra’s favorite gemstone, and she used it a lot in her jewelry.
5. This stone signifies love, wisdom, fidelity and patience.
6. Emerald is believed to keep the wearer calm and healthy. It is believed to have healing properties for problems related to the eyes.
7. If you wear your birthstone emerald, it is supposed to bring positive changes in you, such as, you will become a peace-loving person, you will like children and pets.
8. Also, if you wear an emerald, you will usually tend to be very romantic and affectionate towards your beloved. Love and contentment in your relationship will increase.
9. The emerald stone is very delicate and brittle in nature.