9 Fun Facts about the March Birthstone, Aquamarine
The March birthstone is Aquamarine. It means that all the people born in the month of March share Aquamarine as their traditional birthstone. Read on for some interesting facts associated with this birthstone.
1. The word ‘aquamarine’ is derived from the Latin words ‘aqua’ which means water and ‘marina’ which means sea. It was named so because it reflected the color of the sea water – sea blue, pale blue, sky blue, sea green, etc.
2. The aquamarine is used to treat fear, reverse poisoning, and other diseases of the body.
3. Sailors used to wear aquamarine stones to protect themselves in their difficult ocean voyages.
4. Aquamarine is believed to keep the wearer healthy and free of diseases.
5. It is also believed that the aquamarine can re-ignite love and passion in someone’s troubled married life.