7 Winter Snack Recipes for Kids
Winter or summer, it’s a task to get your kids to eat the right food at the right time. So why not whet their appetite a bit by giving them snacks they love? This way you can put forth a bargain offer for your kids too – ‘I’ll make your favorite snacks, but you have to eat a proper meal everyday. Is that a deal?’ It will be hard for any kid to resist that kind of offer and why not, when they have such great snacks ready for them. Here are winter snack recipes for kids that you can try out and your kids will surely love everyone of them!
1. Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
8 cups popped corn
3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Use a foil to line a cookie sheet. Then preheat the oven to 300°F. Spread the popcorn on the cookie sheet.
2. Now sprinkle both the cheeses on the popcorn. Keep the cookie sheet in the oven and bake it until the cheese melts and popcorn turns hot. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. Stir and toss the popcorn properly and serve warm in a bowl.
2. Honey Oatmeal Muffins
1 cup rolled oats
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix buttermilk and oats in a saucepan and, heat this until its warm and keep it aside. Now, line the muffin cups with muffin liners.
2. Take honey, vegetable oil, oat mixture, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir. Pour this batter into muffin cups.
3. Keep them in the oven and bake till slightly brown in color. Serve the muffins warm.