7 Fun Facts About the September Birthstone, Sapphire
The September birthstone is Sapphire. It means that for all the people who were born in the month of September, their traditional birthstone is Sapphire. Read ahead to know some interesting facts about this stone.
1. The word “Sapphire” is derived from the word “Sapphirus” which means blue in Greek language. The Sapphire is deep blue in color.
2. Sapphires were favored by kings and queens in the olden days. It was believed that wearing a sapphire protects the wearer from jealousy and bad thoughts.
3. Sapphire is also believed to bring peace and wisdom to the wearer.
4. Sapphires are very hard by nature, and hence, are used in jewelry.
5. A gift of Sapphire conveys loyalty and helps cement a friendship or relationship of love.
6. Sapphire birthstone signifies truth, insight, sincerity and faithfulness.
7. If you wear your birthstone Sapphire, it is supposed to bring positive changes in you, such as, you will achieve bigger things. You will be industrious in whatever you do. Your mental strength will increase. At times, you may become emotional, but will not show it.
Photo Courtesy: gemteck1