50 Love Quotes That Will Melt Your Heart
31. Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old. – John Ciardi
Hasn’t this quote beautifully described the interpretation of love during the various stages of life? Love means different things to different people, but in each life stage, it brings its own value to each phase.
32. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself. – Andre Breton
Ever noticed how people in love start taking up hobbies that you would have never expected them to? Well, that’s the magic of love. It makes you see things in each other that no one else can see.
33. People need loving the most when they deserve it the least. – John Harrigan
“He’s a horrible boy. A complete bully in class. Who would want to care about such a person?” It’s a very clear indication that such a person is in need of love, not anger and discipline. This could be platonic or romantic love.
34. Take away love and our earth is a tomb. – Robert Browning
There’s no doubt about the fact that our planet is a useless place without love and passion. All the progress of mankind is worthless if there’s not a loved one to come back home to.
35. The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. – Ferdinand Foch
A man or a woman can do just about anything when they’re in love. They have so much energy and passion burning within them at that time, that it becomes their biggest asset.
36. ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
Everyone who has experienced a failed or unrequited love always believes in this. You will always find them saying that it is much better to experience the pain and grief that comes through love rather than not knowing it at all.
37. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. – Henry Drummond
Think of 5 great moments of your life. And tell us if we’re wrong, those moments would be the times spent with your family and loved ones, times when you’ve done something for someone without any selfish interest or times when you’ve done something for yourself just because you love doing it. What’s common in all of this? Love!
38. Love is like a butterfly, it settles upon you when you least expect it. – Anonymous
No one falls in love by planning. It just happens when it has to. Just like a butterfly. As much as you run after a pretty butterfly, trying to hold it between your fingers, it will never come. It will come one day and catch you unawares.
39. Love is being stupid together. – Paul Valery
The best part about being in love is to do the craziest things in the world. Who cares if the world is looking? Who cares if the world is looking and making fun? The only thing that is important for lovers is to laugh and be stupid together.
40. The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end. – Disraeli
Whether you are still with the first love of your life or not, try and go back to those times when you were under the spell of your first love. Why was it so beautiful? Because you never thought it would end.