5 Low Fat Dessert Recipes
Dieting or no dieting, the world is becoming more health conscious by the day. This can be seen by a sudden upsurge in low fat, trans-fat free or less cholesterol food products available in the market. So why stop at just snacks, why not opt for low fat desserts too! Given below are some low fat dessert recipes which are scrumptious to eat yet keeping a check on your health.
1. Strawberry cheesecake
43g low fat biscuits, 100g fat free Greek yogurt, 100g soft cheese(extra light), 2 drops of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, 1 tablespoons of strawberry jam and 50g hulled and sliced strawberries.
With the help of a food processor, process the biscuits until it gets coarsely chopped and put them in a glass. Take a bowl and make a smooth mixture of yogurt, sugar, cheese and vanilla and put the mixture over the biscuit crumbs and refrigerate it. In another bowl, make a combination of jam and strawberries and keep stirring until the mixture becomes loose and spoon the mixture over the cool cheesecakes and your strawberry cheesecake is ready to serve.
2. Raspberry fool
225g fresh raspberry, Greek yogurt of 500g pot, 2 tablespoons of honey, hazelnuts and zest of 1 lemon.
• Crush the raspberry in a glass bowl and mix it with honey and then leave it for 10 minutes so that the raspberry juices are drawn out.
• Make a smooth mixture of Greek yogurt and the lemon in another bowl.
• Take a glass and spoon 2 tablespoons of the raspberry mixture and top it with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture and continue the process until it fills the glass. After filling the glass, sprinkle hazelnuts over the top of the mixture and you can have your raspberry fool after chilling it for 15minutes.
3. Roasted rhubarb and vanilla dessert
400g roughly chopped rhubarb, 40g golden caster sugar, juice of 1/2lemon, vanilla flavored dessert of 4 x 125g Alpro Soya and a very little amount of ground cinnamon.
• Preheat the oven and adjust the temperature up to 220degree Celsius/ 400F/gas 6.
• Take a baking sheet and line it with a non-stick Teflon sheet and then spread out the rhubarb.
• Sprinkle some golden caster sugar and pour the lemon juice over the rhubarb and roast it for 10 minutes until it gets tender. Leave the rhubarb on the baking sheet until it gets cold.
• Take 4 compote dishes and spoon the vanilla desserts and again spoon the rhubarb over the vanilla dessert. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and the roasted rhubarb and vanilla dessert is ready for serving.