5 Easy Steps to Make a Yummy Chocolate Mousse
A yummy chocolate dessert for all the chocolate lovers- Chocolate Mousse. It is surely going to drive you crazy!
Chocolate Mousse is a dessert which can be light and airy or creamy and fluffy. It can be prepared quickly and requires very simple ingredients. Follow 5 simple and easy steps to make a quick yummilicious Chocolate mousse.
- Finely chopped chocolate
- Sugar and salt
- Unsalted butter
- Cold heavy cream
1. Whip 1 cup of cream in a bowl to get smooth consistency and then refrigerate the cream.
2. Now, separate 3 eggs in 2 bowls, with 1 bowl having egg yolks and the other having egg whites. Add sugar (according to your requirement for sweetness) to the bowl having yolks and beat the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is silky smooth. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat them until they form soft peaks, i.e. if you hold the bowl upside down, the mix should not drip off.
3. Take 4.5 ounces of chocolate, 2 tablespoons of coffee and 1 ounce of unsalted butter in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl in a pan containing gently simmering water. Stir the mixture frequently until it melts and becomes smooth. Once you get a consistent batter, keep aside the bowl and let it cool for few minutes.
4. When the chocolate mixture is still warm add the egg yolks mix and stir well. Add half of the cold whipped cream and stir. Combine the egg whites mixture and continue stirring. Finally, put in the remaining whipped cream and blend continuously until a fluffy creamy chocolate texture is produced.
5. Refrigerate the mousse for 2 hours and serve it in a glass bowl with your choice of fresh fruit toppings. Serves 4-5.
Photo Courtesy: BerniceSheppard