26 Quotes That Make You Think
In life, it is not often that you take out time to think or ponder over the various things going in and around your life. Here are few quotes from famous people on various aspects of life that will make you think.
1. Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too quickly and not saying no soon enough.
- Josh Billings
2. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes, but great minds rise above them.
- Washington Irving
3. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
4. You must be the change you want to see in the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi
5. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
- Stephen Covey
6. You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.
- Old Navajo Proverb
7. A gun gives you the body, not the bird.
- Henry David Thoreau
8. Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude.
- Zig Ziglar
9. Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
10. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
11. You purchase pain with all that joy can give, and die of nothing but a rage to live.
- Alexander Pope
12. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life’s about creating yourself.
- George Bernard Shaw
13. Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
- Henri Louis Bergson
Photo Courtesy: St_A_Sh