25 Things You Didn’t Know About The Simpsons
‘The Simpsons’ is the most loved and one of the most entertaining shows of all time. However interesting the show might be, there are some pretty interesting facts behind the scenes that will definitely have you stumped. Below mentioned are 25 handpicked facts just for your amusement.
1. The main characters of this show were created by Matt Groening in 15 minutes while in the waiting room of FOX entertainment.
2. The lack of time explains why Groening named the characters after his family members.
3. Initially, the show was planned to revolve around Bart full time.
4. Bart’s real name is Bartholomew Jo-Jo Simpson
5. There have been more guest stars on the show than the total number of episodes.
6. According to some, ‘D’oh’ is short for ‘Damn Jews, why won’t they just go’.
7. ‘D’oh’ was recently added to the English dictionary.
8. Bart’s character is based on the famous comic book character, Dennis the Menace.
9. Maggie has been a baby for nearly 20 years now.
10. Cartoonist Matt Groening makes the pacifier sucking noise for Maggie.
11. There are over 150 recurring characters featured on this show.
12. In the earlier copy of the pilot, Marge was named She-Homer.
13. The couch gag is a trick used by the show staff to make the show longer or shorter.