20 Things to Do During a Boring Lecture
Even 5 minutes feel like an hour, when you are sitting in a boring lecture! As students, we all have faced a lecture where, forget paying attention, it is practically impossible to even stay awake. As the lecturer goes about ranting about different theories, all that you can think of is when will the bell ring! You eagerly look at your watch. Oh no! Still lots of time to go. Just when you think your head is going to explode with boredom, here is your life saver. I cannot assure you that these things will not get you expelled, but I can surely assure you they will help to keep sane.
- Put your hand up and ask stupid questions every 2 minutes.
- Say that you need to go to the washroom urgently.
- Carry a laptop to class and use it to type notes during the lecture.
- Get your partner to play a game of Tic-Tac-Toe with you.
- Check out the cute boys in class and make plans to ask one of them out after class.
- Make paper rockets. Aim for the professor’s nose.
- Read your favorite novel under the bench.
- Try drawing a caricature of the lecturer.
- Keep catching the lecturer’s eye and begin yawning. In some time, the lecturer will start yawning too.
- Don’t look at the lecturer, STARE!
- Divide your class into two rows and organize a Wall of Death.
- Pretend that you are writing notes and doodle on your notebook.
- Tear paper from your notebook and make paper boats.
- Keep looking at your watch every minute.
- Scream, “Rat!” and run. Watch everybody around you getting freaked out.
- Think about your next Facebook status.
- Get into a fight with your neighbor.
- Use your hair to cover your ears. Put your headphones on and listen to music.
- Hide your alarm clock somewhere in class. Tune it to ring every 5 minutes.
- Last but not the least, if none of these work, use your book as a pillow and go to sleep.
These tips will help you to sail through the worst of lectures. Guaranteed!