15 Things We Can Only Learn From Our Brother
If you have a brother, you are lucky to have someone who truly belongs to you. You may seem to be perpetual enemies but there are times when his presence makes you feel safe and secure. In fact, growing up with a brother, no matter whether he is born before or after you, is in itself an experience to cherish. Here are a few things that you can learn only from your brother.
1. Right from the beginning, you learn to share. (Although most often, you are forced to do so!)
2. You learn to adjust and eventually ‘get along’, even if you are sometimes pissed off even at the very thought of having him under the same roof.
3. You learn that to forgive is not just divine but rewarding as well. (Even if it is true that having a brother means you wake up by having water thrown onto your face and get your hair pulled quite often, here is someone who could beat the crap out of your boyfriend if he is being mean to you.)
4. You master the art of negotiation
5. You become an expert in tidying up even the messiest of rooms, especially if you are sharing the same room with your brother.
6. You gain the confidence to tackle even the most adverse situations, having successfully made your way out when your brother got you squeezed between the bed and the wall.
7. You learn not to be afraid to say ‘NO’ bold and loud.
8. You realize that people can have the weirdest of ideas.