12 Ways to Prevent Tooth Decay
Teeth are one of the most important assets of human body – both esthetically as well as functionally. Besides making you look beautiful, teeth also perform the important function of helping you chew the food that you eat. Thus it becomes very important to take proper dental care so as to prevent yourself from any sort of tooth decay. Here are some simple ways to prevent tooth decay.
1. Use a good quality toothpaste containing fluoride. You can consult your dentist to help you decide on a brand.
2. Brush your teeth in the morning and before going to bed. It’s very important to maintain dental hygiene so as to avoid tooth decay.
3. Rinse your mouth with water thoroughly after every meal. This removes most of the food particles that cling to your teeth after meals.
4. Floss daily to clean the spaces between your teeth. Floss is essential because a toothbrush can’t clean the interdental spaces.
5. Visit your dentist regularly to check for any signs of decay.
6. Discuss with your doctor about the option of dental sealants which provide a plastic protective coating to the chewing surface of your teeth so as to prevent damage and decay.