12 Inspirational Quotes for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is celebrated as an expression of gratitude. For saying a simple ‘Thank you’, it is important to get inspired by various thoughts. When the thoughts are inspiring, the meaning of thanks and gratitude will definitely change. So, on the occasion of Thanksgiving, here are some quotes to inspire you, read on.
1. “I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
2. “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt
3. “It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor.” – George Washington
4. “I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character…like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy…the turkey…is a much more respectable bird, and with a true original native of America.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” – E.P. Powell
6. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig