11 Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving is all about family fun, yummy dinner treats and celebration. Thanksgiving is an occasion when the true festive spirit starts. To add to this spirit, here are some funny and interesting quotes for the occasion of Thanksgiving.
1. “I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, ‘man, just be yourself.” – Mitch Hedberg
2. “I have strong doubts that the first Thanksgiving even remotely resembled the ‘history’ I was told in second grade. But considering that (when it comes to holidays) mainstream America’s traditions tend to be over-eating, shopping, or getting drunk, I suppose it’s a miracle that the concept of Thanksgiving even surfaces at all.” – Ellen Orleans
3. “It must be an odd feeling to be thankful to nobody in particular. Christians in public institutions often see this odd thing happening on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone in the institution seems to be thankful ‘in general.’ It’s very strange. It’s a little like being married in general.” – Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.
4. “That’s the ultimate goal of most turkey recipes: to create a great skin and stuffing to hide the fact that turkey meat, in its cooked state, is dry and flavorless. Does it have to be that way? No. We just have to focus on what the turkey is and what the turkey needs.”
– Alton Brown
5. “It was dramatic to watch my grandmother decapitate a turkey with an axe the day before Thanksgiving. Nowadays the expense of hiring grandmothers for the axe work would probably qualify all turkeys so honored with ‘gourmet’ status.” – Russell Baker
6. “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” – Jon Stewart