10 Home Remedies for Underarm Sweating
Although perspiring is a natural process of your skin and body, bad odor combined with underarm perspiration can put you off in many occasions. While at work, during a conference, a social meeting or when you are out on a date, all these and more occasions demand the need to stay fresh and smell good. Ever imagined the fiasco you might possibly get in with sweaty underarms that emit bad odor? Well, there are some simple and healthy home remedies you can try to eliminate sweaty underarms and bad body odor.
Home remedies for underarm perspiration can be basically bifurcated as internal and external. Internal factors are predominantly diet and hormone related. External factors are those that offer their influence through products that are available naturally or man-made.
Home Remedies for External Factors
1. The first and foremost solution to bad underarm odor is to keep the area clean and dry as far as possible. If you are prone to such a problem, make sure you shower twice a day and change clothes every time you take a bath. Dab anti-fungal powder on your armpits to prevent growth of bacteria.
2. A pack of baby wipes can help you absorb perspiration from your armpits. Wipe them periodically to stay clean and fresh.
3. Antiperspirants and deodorants may help you stay fresh for some time but there are other home remedies that work better than these man-made products. White vinegar or witch hazel stops body odor. Cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar wiped on your armpits immediately after shower kills odor creating bacteria.
4. Baking soda can also be rubbed around the armpits since they help to absorb sweat and leave you dry for a long period of time. Baking soda mixed with a few drops of lemon juice can be applied on the area and left for ten minutes. Rinse the area with lukewarm water to eliminate body odor.
5. Rub a medium sized chopped potato around your armpit before using a deodorant to minimize excessive underarm sweating. Juice of a turnip applied on the area also serves the purpose.
6. Rosemary mixed with water can be used as a natural deodorant. Rosemary possesses anti-bacterial properties and hence is recommended by many professionals.
7. Stick to cotton over other fabrics that are synthetic. This is because cotton absorbs sweat and synthetic fabrics trap sweat and block it from escaping. Over a period of time, bad body odor emanates from such clothes.